Book Naming Contest
The last few months have been challenging for everyone. As we support our fellow citizens who are keeping our essential services running and do our best to socially distance, To the Moon and Back would like to ask your help!
We are entering our 3rd year and continue to find new and innovative ways to share our children’s stories. To tell their tale, we’ve partnered with talented authors Katherine F. Pearson and James T. Pearson, as well as brilliant illustrator, Lauren Jezierski, to develop a book sharing a slice of our community’s story. We’d like your help naming the book we plan to self-publish later this spring!
About the book:
An uplifting story about a boy named Sam and his sidekick stuffed dog, Hercules! Sam lives with his grandparents and has good and bad days like any child, made worse because he was born substance-exposed. But similar to a superhero, Sam has his own super courage and great strength. With his loving grandparents, friends, and Hercules, Sam finds the support he needs to succeed.
We will be honoring the winner with one book signed by the authors and illustrator, and an additional 20 books donated to the libraries or schools of their choice. We also look forward to doing virtual readings with librarians and teachers and to provide copies in schools this fall. We hope this will provide a fun opportunity for distraction during this difficult time.
We take initial submissions through May 8th, and will announce the top 5 on our blog on May 10th. We will hold a week of voting and the title with the most votes will win. The winner will be announced on May 18th.
- Every entry must include name, email, mobile and library or school of choice.
- Individuals or groups of up to 5 people may submit an entry.
- Entries must adhere strictly to all applicable copyright laws and guidelines. Judges may disqualify any entry based on a reasonable belief that the entry infringed on the copyright laws.
- To the Moon and Back will provide books directly to the school, library, charity or community center in the winner’s name.
- The winner should not expect compensation or royalties from naming the book. Copyright will belong to To The Moon and Back.
Submit your title via the form below: